When your child starts crawling all around home, he may go every place which is accessible for him and keep in mind that every child is unaware of intensity of the reactions of touching each thing in the house. For example, the child is unaware of the reaction if he touches hot coffee mug or if he falls into a pool. There are many household things which may injure your child and you have to take care of all those happenings.
Here we explain you some of the household accidents;
Accidents that can happen at home:
- Water: Presence of water in home is an essential factor. But it may cause household accidents for your child. If there is a swimming pool in your home your child may drown in it. The water in bathroom or on floor may cause slipping of your baby which may subsequently case injury or fracture.
- Heat or Flames: Your child is unaware of consequences of touching flames or heated things. Flames can encompass full body of child when cloths start burning. So you need to keep your child away from such things.
- Toxic Substances: You must keep all toxic substances of household use away from the reach of your child because he is unaware of consequences of eating or touching such substances.
- Choking Hazards: Keep in mind that anything in your house which may entrap child may cause serious accidents. It can hang your child or hurt him in various ways. So beware of all such choking hazards.
Here we explained you some means which are usual causes for household accidents for children. So now you should know some preventive measures to avoid from any mishap like that.
- You should have first aid kit at your home with basic knowledge of giving first aid. As we have heard,” A stitch in time saves nine.”
- You must manage water resources very well and in an effective manner inside your home so that risk of any mishap may be reduced to its lowest level.
- Never let your baby enter into kitchen and never let them wander near gas heaters or any other in flammables.
- Toxic substances or irrelevant medicines should be kept away from the reach of children preferably under lock and key.
- Reconsider the entire things present in your home to minimize the risk of choking hazards.